Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'll Have Another Margarita!

I found this refreshing Margarita Cake recipe included with my Wilton Fluted Tube Pan. This cake has a pleasant lime margarita taste and instantly makes me think of Jimmy Buffett. I hope you enjoy it!

Margarita Cake

Recipe from Wilton

Ingredients:
1 package (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
1 can (10 oz.) frozen margaria mix, thawed and undiluted
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons lime zest, divided (I used 3 limes and a Microplane Grater/Zester - an awesome kitchen tool)
1 cup confectioners' sugar
Lime juice, as desired

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray fluted tube pan with Pam Baking or Baker's Joy.

In large bowl, combine cake mix, thawed margarita mix, eggs and oil; beat at low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons lime zest (I used 2 limes). Pour into prepared pan.


Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.


Remove from pan and cool completely.


In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon lime zest (1 lime) and enough lime juice to make a glaze (about 2 tablespoons); drizzle over cake. Enjoy!



Buffet Hotel Wilton Nonstick Fluted Tube PanImusa Lime Squeezer, GreenMicroplane Grater/Zester

No comments:

Post a Comment